1998 Astro RWD Cargo A/C P/S Cruise Tilt Cat Back etc

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SCAMMERS BEWARE- We cooperate fully with users who have been defrauded. All IP Addresses are logged so just don't even bother.

1998 Astro RWD Cargo A/C P/S Cruise Tilt Cat Back etc

Postby GupEBoy [OP] » February 2nd 2011, 3:36am

$4200.
Had to make a decision on which van to sell. I went with the '98.
I made some changes to it as you will see.
I am keeping the wheels and tires (BFG's and Ralleys), Swapped out the Safari Grille for the Astro Deluxe.

Brand new tires all around. 215-75-15's. Maybe 500 miles on them. Just had them rebalanced today before reinstalling them. It had a vibration and that cured it.
Cat back exhaust system. two new O2 sensors. Bank 1. It took care of the Check engine light.
New shocks all around in last year.
Sun visor. I know a lot of people were excited to see this still available.
Deluxe grille swap with Sylvania Silverstar bulbs.
Cruise/Tilt column swap. I have original column with original ignition switch if you want to swap it in. I just didn't have tools to take apart correctly.
I have a couple solid rear doors and a solid slider I am considering to let go with the van.

Last week I filled tank and did math and noticed 18mpg. can't guarantee all the time but I know last few weeks I was driving all highway.
Why this one? It really came down to a flip of the coin. The tan one is my first Astro and it does have some rust that I can fix and still paint white like this one.
I am battleing the distributor issue with it but I think I have it beat. So I will be happy with it.
Here are pics from today and will be doing an oil change tomorrow. Quaker State and a Fram Filter.
A link to my photobucket albumn with all pics since I have had the van.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... 0Part%202/
Thanks for looking.
Jim

OH! RUST FREE IN ARIZONA!!!! :banana:

Original Poster [OP]
GupEBoy
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: GupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA): GupEBoy
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3 RWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • 1992 Astro RWD - $1,500
    by Huckleberry » November 10th 2020, 12:05am in Vans For Sale
    2 Replies
    Last post by AstroWill View the latest post
    Yesterday, 1:03am
  • 97 Astro LT35 RWD For Sale.Atlanta.Needs Engine
    by AstroDrummz » November 19th 2020, 1:00am in Vans For Sale
    0 Replies
    Last post by AstroDrummz View the latest post
    November 19th 2020, 1:00am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    November 27th 2020, 9:46am

Re: 1998 Astro RWD Cargo A/C P/S Cruise Tilt Cat Back etc

Postby GupEBoy [OP] » February 2nd 2011, 5:22am

Sorry, I forgot the link to my photobucket. It is there now.
Well, here too.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... 0Part%202/
Original Poster [OP]
GupEBoy
Years of Membership: GupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full yearsGupEBoy has been a member for 12 full years

Postby GupEBoy [OP] » February 7th 2011, 6:18pm

$4000 obo.
Original Poster [OP]
GupEBoy

Postby GupEBoy [OP] » February 12th 2011, 8:22pm

New front brake pads today.
Original Poster [OP]
GupEBoy

Postby GupEBoy [OP] » February 12th 2011, 10:28pm

If anybody is in between Phoenix Arizona and Los Angelas, I will be doing the drive next week and spending weekend in Buena Park for the Council of Councils meeting. If the van does not sell before that time, I will be driving out there. I will have title with me and cash for a bus home if I can sell.
I put new front pads on van yesterday, 2/11.

Thanks,
Jim
Original Poster [OP]
GupEBoy