Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

95 astro engine fit a 96 s-10 blazer?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  violent b 
#1 ·
Hello everybody. It's been a while since i've been here.
Well anyway, i have a 95 astro with the 4.3 vortec. My friend has a 96 s-10 blazer with the 4.3 vortec also but his motor is shot. Do you know if my motor will fit his truck? He wants to buy the astro off me but i don't want to sell if it won't work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, bill

#4 ·
chevymaher said:
isnt 95-96 where the intake bolt pattern changed from 12 to 8?
That is a good point ,I believe that is correct I would have to look it up to be sure , definitely something to look into, I am not absolutely sure that the intake swap is needed , but the 96 has the Sequentially fired setup and the 95 does not, but it might be a doable swap if it can be setup with OBD2 with that intake , it may not work if it cannot be wired up to a OBD2 system that is a question to be answered before the swap is attempted to make sure all is well , :thumbup:

#5 ·
thanks for the replies. the plan is to use as much of his 96 blazer motor parts as possible to make the transition easier. thank goodness my buddy has a shop where this can be done...and I don't have to mess with it. :banana:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.