Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Project: Barn Door to Dutch Door

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  g0t0pless 
#1 ·
After doing some research here on the forums, other forums, and asking my local neghborhood body man, I decided to go ahead and start my swap from barn doors to dutch doors.

This thread will illustrate the steps needed to accomplish this, including any mistakes I make along the way.

The guinea pig going under the knife (ignore the rear ground effects, that project is posted elsewhere here on the forums):

Step 1: Find some doors to swap!
I find that using craigslist yields better results than Ebay for these kinds of things. I was able to locate a complete set of 6 doors from a newer van for $150 picked up. All doors are complete with power everything, door panels, speakers, wiring, mirrors, glass, and virtually rust free. If you are willing to travel a little distance, might I suggest www.searchtempest.com to search multiple cities on cragslist.

Here are 3 of the doors I picked up:

Stay tuned for more.

See less See more
#5 ·
No progress lately other than stripping the passenger doors down to pull the inner parts for my doors. I've also been busy working on the front suspension. New a-arm bushings, ball jonts, bearings, shocks, and 2" drop coils. Still need an alignment. Also been chasing down a wiring problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.