Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

BW4472 vent, where can I buy one?

3K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  AstroWill 
#1 ·
Was working on the 92 Provan Tiger AWD and the plastic vent coming out of the back of the BW4472 tailhousing broke.

I can't find the part anywhere online. I'm searching for transfer case breather tube. I found an exploded diagram which shows part number 15636574 but it is unobtanium.

#4 ·
Yeah, I thought about hitting the pull and pay, but I figured a 25 year old piece of plastic on another vehicle is just as likely to break. "Astro Pop" having said that I would be interested in yours if it looks in good shape.

After several hours of looking I finally found where the part has been replaced with a newer design. New design is direct vent instead of connecting to a 1' length hose.

#10 ·
AstroWill said:
25892279 looks like simply the "cap" that goes on the end of the vent hose to keep dirt/dust out.
In the picture I looked at the part that gets inserted into the case has an Oring, then a short stem with cap. The old part has an part with Oring, then plastic to connect a hose, that runs about a foot. You can that in the pic "Astro Pop" posted, there is no cap on the other end of the hose.

#11 ·
Astro Pop said:
looks like it'll come off clean. Just let me know.
In fact the item I received was just a vent line cover, it is NOT a replacement for the BW4472 vent. I love it when items are EOL and a "replacement"" part isn't really a replacement.

I sent you a message saying I'd take the vent from you, but haven't heard back, so I thought I'd try an in thread post.

thanks

#13 ·
deeiche said:
Astro Pop said:
looks like it'll come off clean. Just let me know.
In fact the item I received was just a vent line cover, it is NOT a replacement for the BW4472 vent. I love it when items are EOL and a "replacement"" part isn't really a replacement.

I sent you a message saying I'd take the vent from you, but haven't heard back, so I thought I'd try an in thread post.

thanks
Got a picture of what you received?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.