Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

NY ASTRO Lookin to buy Hitch

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  alexalexanders 
#1 ·
Im looking to buy a hitch for my 00 astro asap prefereably class 3. Didnt know if anyone had one lying around? Im in upstate NY. Let me know. thanx

#10 ·
I do want a class III. I like this one if its def a class III. but its kinda pricy after tax. and I def need hardware. I can get a brand new one for a Buck sixty with ball and reciever. I'd get one from someone on this site if they live in NY or even over the net for like 75. just didn't know if anyone had one here

#11 ·
2DOLLAR said:
was told this one has a 2" reciever. does yours? this isn't a curt
Didn't see that it was a 2" Mine's a 1 1/4" but all the Class III ones I've seen for these vans use at least 6 bolts to the frame for strength. The one you have mounts with only 4 to the frame just like mine which is a Class II. That's why I said I'm not sure it's a Class III. Someone else might know better than me.

#16 ·
Check the junk yards, If I remember correctly I paid $15-20 for one that was almost new, hardware included. Class III and still on my 99.

Edit: I got mine in New Ringlold, PA, at a place called Joes. You can't even imagine the size of the place. Say hi to the sexy bus driver that takes you around the yard, LOL :)
http://www.joesusedautoparts.com/EZPull.html
Just look at that place on Google Maps Satellite! HUGE

#18 ·
AstroWill said:
Check the junk yards, If I remember correctly I paid $15-20 for one that was almost new, hardware included. Class III and still on my 99.

Edit: I got mine in New Ringlold, PA, at a place called Joes. You can't even imagine the size of the place. Say hi to the sexy bus driver that takes you around the yard, LOL :)
http://www.joesusedautoparts.com/EZPull.html
Just look at that place on Google Maps Satellite! HUGE
Wow that place is huge! :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.