Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Vintage "trip computer" worth keeping?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  augidog 
#1 ·
Connected to my positive terminal was a huge cable for the wheelchair lift, and a 12G wire through a thermal breaker and into the firewall. While I was resetting the ECM, I decided to leave these extras disconnected. Connected or not doesn't (seem to) affect performance.

This unit, before disconnecting the extra hot wire, had full time power to the 3 (lighted) rocker switches, and with key on the "time" would flash. I do not know what the 3 switches control, if anything. After disconnecting the auxiliary hot wire, the rockers have no power, and the display, perhaps because of the reset, shows this with key on, no flashing.
IMG_20200328_081154_011.jpg

Can anyone identify this trip computer and tell me more? Will it give me any useful info if I keep it and figure out how to use it?

If I don't keep it, I'll use the auxiliary power and this area will become an interface shelf for my phone.

See less See more
#2 ·
That's an aftermarket install by a conversion company. So I have no idea how/if that works, but it just looks like an alarm clock to me.

#8 ·
No ground effect lighting? Then it will take more sleuthing. Added fog lights, master power for the lift, seat vibrator, might come down to tracing them.

#9 ·
well, shucks, I never owned me no fancy van before. 2 switches DO control mood lighting, it's so dim I hadn't noticed. besides, it's not my cuppa tea, so I don't even care what the 3rd one does.

"trip computer" in quotes is because the dealer listed it as a feature. until I was interested enough to finally look at it, this morning, I was using that assumption. since it's nothing but a clock, I've already lost interest. maybe I'll set it, maybe I won't, maybe I'll just let it keep flashing.

hey, it was something to do while I had my morning coffee and smoke, and didn't cost me anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.