Convenience Center: Part numbers for pigtails?

Convenience Center: Part numbers for pigtails?

Postby Herbie [OP] » September 15th 2020, 9:13pm

Hey all.

I've got an electrical project and my best course of action is to try to tap into the convenience center in my 2003 Astro. For some reason the eBay DVD I got of the FSM doesn't include much mention of the Convenience Center wiring, but thanks to some folks here reposting snippets, I've got a semi-solid idea of how to get what I want.

The next step is finding appropriate connectors. Short of going to the pick-n-pull and just crawling into random GMC vehicles looking for matches, I'm trying to figure out how to buy the connectors I need online. AC Delco has their GM connectors catalog online here: http://www.dstgateway.com/ACDelcoConnectorsV2/#/catalog so I can sort of see connectors and get p/ns, but I'd like to know if there's a way to correlate those part numbers with the connector numbers from the FSM?

Any cross look-up that anyone knows about? I'm working on getting a better version of the FSM that includes the wiring I'm missing, but in the mean time it's not clear to me if that will even answer my questions.

For example, PT242 https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-PT242-Or ... B000C9U20C
Looks like it may fit the socket that I believe is C206 (Trailer Harness) on my van.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Original Poster [OP]
Herbie
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: Herbie has been a member for 2 full yearsHerbie has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 2003
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: GTRV Top 4x4

Re: Convenience Center: Part numbers for pigtails?

Postby AstroWill » September 16th 2020, 1:09am

I assume that your ebay DVD just contained the GM Techline eSI?

Should give part numbers and description in the 'connector end views'. Just hit those numbers up in Mouser, it will be under Aptiv(formerly Delphi)

Example: https://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine?Keyword=12052641
example_connector_12052641.png
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 106
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense

Postby Herbie [OP] » September 16th 2020, 4:26pm

>I assume that your ebay DVD just contained the GM Techline eSI?

I would have thought so, but apparently not. I got a big collection of PDFs of most of the subsystems and electrical diagrams, but I don't have the "connector end views" section, nor anything on the Convenience Center. :/ What a rip-off.

For future reference to others reading this thread, avoid eBay seller "manualsforyou" as their offering is apparently incomplete.

Well, like I said, I've got a (hopefully complete) new copy on the way from another vendor. Sounds like everything I need will be in there if I get the full Techline eSI.

Thanks!
Original Poster [OP]
Herbie
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: Herbie has been a member for 2 full yearsHerbie has been a member for 2 full years

Postby MechBob » September 16th 2020, 5:50pm

Before you get carried away,are you looking for connectors to plug into the "front"(the side you can see) special odd shaped holes?
MechBob
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L2)
Years of Membership: MechBob has been a member for 2 full yearsMechBob has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA): Bob
Van Model Year: 1994
Extra Info: 4x4

Postby Herbie [OP] » September 16th 2020, 10:33pm

That would be ideal, but mainly just looking for ways to access some of those circuits without having to hack anything up.
Original Poster [OP]
Herbie
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)

Postby WinnieVan » September 16th 2020, 10:44pm

If you're tapping the upfitter connections-- you can simply use female blade terminals. That's what I've used... they've never come loose.

If your tapping one of the other connections, you'll probably need a pigtail.
WinnieVan
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: WinnieVan has been a member for 3 full yearsWinnieVan has been a member for 3 full yearsWinnieVan has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 61
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2004
Extra Info: AWD

Postby MechBob » September 17th 2020, 6:09am

Winnie is right,just use terminals.There are specific pigtails,to go into those unused and used ports,but takes a good GM parts person to get the right part number.Several,most common ones,you can find on the net.Otherwise,you have to pay for GM services,for this info.Ypou would think by now this stuff would have been released.Also,the GM upfitter site has this info,but,again,you have to pay for it.i will work on it,in spare time.
MechBob
Years of Membership: MechBob has been a member for 2 full yearsMechBob has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA): Bob
Van Model Year: 1994
Extra Info: 4x4

Postby Herbie [OP] » September 17th 2020, 3:58pm

WinnieVan wrote:If you're tapping the upfitter connections-- you can simply use female blade terminals. That's what I've used... they've never come loose.

If your tapping one of the other connections, you'll probably need a pigtail.

That's good advice. For the upfitter one I will do exactly that.

I may still need access to one of the other ones. I've been able to identify the correct housings using the "Connector End Views" part numbers. The frustrating thing is that while Mouser seems to have all the housings for sale by singles, it looks like the matching crimp inserts may only be sold on reels by the hundreds or thousands! I'll keep digging, but I can move forward just using the upfitter terminals for the moment.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Original Poster [OP]
Herbie
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)