Passenger Swivel Bases for Sale

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SCAMMERS BEWARE- We cooperate fully with users who have been defrauded. All IP Addresses are logged so just don't even bother.

Re: Passenger Swivel Bases for Sale

Postby WinnieVan [OP] » December 23rd 2020, 9:11pm

Rod's Trucks wrote:That is one 'slick' video.
I have a VERY CRUDE version of that tool, built to use with my hydraulic press; but it will not handle that gauge of metal nor that width or with that accuracy. I use it for bending 1/8" or 3/16" flat bar
I guess I need to build some better jigs!
Too many ideas and too little time!
Rod J

I'm learning this is the joy of 3D-CAD -- you design and then send it to the people with big boy toys.

As much as I'd like to have my own plasma/laser/water table and CNC press brake -- the stuff isn't cheap.

I would like to eventually get a plasma table and manual bender for building prototypes -- but you just can't beat laser + CNC bending for precision.

I'm hoping to segue my career into design/fab/metalwork -- so I appreciate everyone giving me a platform while I cut my teeth. Sure will be easier to give up the 9-5 if I already have some business blossoming.
Original Poster [OP]
WinnieVan
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: WinnieVan has been a member for 4 full yearsWinnieVan has been a member for 4 full yearsWinnieVan has been a member for 4 full yearsWinnieVan has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 63
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2004
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Postby AstroWill » December 23rd 2020, 9:14pm

WinnieVan wrote:Why o why couldn't they just make them flat like in the Savana? No one will ever know.

LOL that would make it way too easy!

Trolls take away from productive work, best to ignore & go about your business.
Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 108
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Extra Info: I love peaches

Postby WinnieVan [OP] » December 23rd 2020, 9:26pm

WinnieVan wrote:
Rod's Trucks wrote:That is one 'slick' video.
I have a VERY CRUDE version of that tool, built to use with my hydraulic press; but it will not handle that gauge of metal nor that width or with that accuracy. I use it for bending 1/8" or 3/16" flat bar
I guess I need to build some better jigs!
Too many ideas and too little time!
Rod J

I'm learning this is the joy of 3D-CAD -- you design and then send it to the people with big boy toys.

As much as I'd like to have my own plasma/laser/water table and CNC press brake -- the stuff isn't cheap.

I would like to eventually get a plasma table and manual bender for building prototypes -- but you just can't beat laser + CNC bending for precision. Well you can -- but that's for even larger run stuff -- like stamped steel parts -- because for the real big boys -- lasers and CNC brakes are still JUST prototyping toys until they can stamp it out make a casting for it.

I'm hoping to segue my career into design/fab/metalwork -- so I appreciate everyone giving me a platform while I cut my teeth. Sure will be easier to give up the 9-5 if I already have some business blossoming.
Original Poster [OP]
WinnieVan
Years of Membership: WinnieVan has been a member for 4 full yearsWinnieVan has been a member for 4 full yearsWinnieVan has been a member for 4 full yearsWinnieVan has been a member for 4 full years
Alias (AKA):

Postby AstroWill » December 23rd 2020, 9:46pm

WinnieVan wrote:Sure will be easier to give up the 9-5 if I already have some business blossoming.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Get these going, some bumpers, lift kits, rear spare tire mounts, etc :)

Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full years

Postby WinnieVan [OP] » December 23rd 2020, 10:03pm

Yup -- a Bumper for the E-Series crowd is up next. As soon as I finish my 4X4 kit on that .
Original Poster [OP]
WinnieVan
Alias (AKA):

Postby cowgirlcullen » December 27th 2020, 4:49pm

I'm interested in getting one! Please message me when it's ready. Great job!
cowgirlcullen
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA): Jennifer
Van Model Year: 2003

Postby WinnieVan [OP] » January 8th 2021, 8:46am

Prototype should be in my hands on Jan-17.... stay tuned.
Original Poster [OP]
WinnieVan
Alias (AKA):

Postby AstroOafAdventurer » January 8th 2021, 1:43pm

WOW! Just got mine today, and all I can say is wow!
WOW am I FOS!

If by a bumper for the E Series you mean bumper bracket adapters for Wrangler to Astro/Safari, superb!
Man, I just found out the disco'd the Econoline, that's what you mean right?, a few years back.
I've always been an eFan, when I got my Astro I'd been looking for one but found the Astro first.
97 Astro Conversion Van 62k 64k miles
AstroOafAdventurer
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L1)
Topics: 40
Alias (AKA): Thorsteenster
Van Model Year: 1997
Extra Info: RWD Conversion Van

Postby AstroWill » January 8th 2021, 4:54pm

Wait, where are the pictures?

AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Postby sixsixsixsix is online! » January 10th 2021, 2:34am

How great it is that there is Interest... and the other projects get the BIG Thumbs Up too.

Here's a Pic for this page till he gets to it ( in his sig. maybe...? ).

Win Swiv Capture.JPG
Win Swiv Capture.JPG (42.15 KiB) Viewed 363 times

"Ban gerrymandering" out 1 side, then says, "We really need to get rid of the electoral college for starters, there is no way in hell that the person that receives fewer votes wins, simply crazy."
So only CAL, ILL & NY Elects

sixsixsixsix is online!
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L5)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: LT W CPI - RWD 200K

Postby WinnieVan [OP] » January 11th 2021, 9:31am

AstroOafAdventurer wrote:WOW! Just got mine today, and all I can say is wow!
WOW am I FOS!

If by a bumper for the E Series you mean bumper bracket adapters for Wrangler to Astro/Safari, superb!
Man, I just found out the disco'd the Econoline, that's what you mean right?, a few years back.
I've always been an eFan, when I got my Astro I'd been looking for one but found the Astro first.

Haha -- I guess you've travelled to the future, bought a seat base, and came back to tell me what a wild sucess this whole thing has been!

Guess it's a pretty good omen!!
Original Poster [OP]
WinnieVan
Alias (AKA):

Postby AstroWill » January 12th 2021, 1:00am

Nice to be able to glimpse into the future; looks like it's going to be a resounding success.

AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Postby Rocsteady » January 12th 2021, 7:06pm

I’m super down for this, let me know when you when you have them for sale!
Rocsteady
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2001
Extra Info: Awd cargo

Postby C11MAN » January 14th 2021, 3:07am

Yeah thats gonna be an interest from me

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
2002 AWD with 6" lift and 32x11.5 Deegan 38 mud terrains
Onboard air compressor, Electric fan conversion, NP236 2sp transfer case, custom fog lights
forever working on the van.
C11MAN
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: C11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 8
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2002

Postby Hooptie » January 14th 2021, 5:05am

I’m impressed...with your engineering ingenuity and your stick-to-it-ness. I’m also interested in buying one to call my own. Depending on the various financial considerations, of course.

I wonder about the safety of all the swivel bases out there—yours included, respectfully. I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about machining and metallurgy, and next to nothing about physics. So it is with ignorance, not disrespect, that I ask about the strength of this assembly, particularly as it relates to a collision. Any passenger of mine will be seat-belted; that’s gotta be more important than the seat base (as I believe someone pointed out earlier in this thread). Still, I’m guessing that having the seat stay attached to the floor is not UNimportant. What are your thoughts on this aspect of your base?

Lastly, is anyone aware of what swivel bases do to your insurance coverage?
Hooptie
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Alias (AKA):

Postby AstroOafAdventurer » January 14th 2021, 2:39pm

Hooptie wrote:I’m impressed...with your engineering ingenuity and your stick-to-it-ness. I’m also interested in buying one to call my own. Depending on the various financial considerations, of course.

I wonder about the safety of all the swivel bases out there—yours included, respectfully. I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about machining and metallurgy, and next to nothing about physics. So it is with ignorance, not disrespect, that I ask about the strength of this assembly, particularly as it relates to a collision. Any passenger of mine will be seat-belted; that’s gotta be more important than the seat base (as I believe someone pointed out earlier in this thread). Still, I’m guessing that having the seat stay attached to the floor is not UNimportant. What are your thoughts on this aspect of your base?

Lastly, is anyone aware of what swivel bases do to your insurance coverage?

I would say the strength of the materials is more than sufficient to stay intact in any kind of impact or collision that is humanly possible to survive.
Did your insurance company specifically ask if your vehicle is equipped with swivel seats?
Mine in VA only asked if it's equipped for cooking, water etc as a conversion van to make sure it's not by guidelines an "RV".
Companies and policies vary state to state so you can always call you're company and ask, but I'll go with don't ask, don't tell.
AstroOafAdventurer
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Postby C11MAN » January 14th 2021, 5:36pm

With everything under my van built by me and custom, I would be far more worried about that then a seat base. And I'm not worried about that either!

In my mind, if I buy a seat base, its for an offroad vehicle only with no warrenty or liability expressed or implied. Anything I do beyond that is my choice

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
2002 AWD with 6" lift and 32x11.5 Deegan 38 mud terrains
Onboard air compressor, Electric fan conversion, NP236 2sp transfer case, custom fog lights
forever working on the van.
C11MAN
Years of Membership: C11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full yearsC11MAN has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 8
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2002

Postby AstroOafAdventurer » January 18th 2021, 2:04am

Any idea if these would fir a 2019 Chevy Express?
Someone on another forum I'm on is asking about swivel bases.
AstroOafAdventurer
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Postby WinnieVan [OP] » January 18th 2021, 8:23am

I have a design for the express/savana as well -- I'm waiting to finalize this design and then I'll release that one next.
Original Poster [OP]
WinnieVan
Alias (AKA):

Postby AstroOafAdventurer » January 18th 2021, 2:26pm

Excellent, if you want to give or PM me your email or preferred contact method I'll post it over on the other forum.
Hopefully it'll drive some more sales your way.
AstroOafAdventurer
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

PreviousNext