What have you done with your other vehicles today.

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.

Re: What have you done with your other vehicles today.

Postby dcsleeper » December 27th 2020, 8:35pm

Put a dizzy cap/rotor and wires on the CRV.
Found the cap was loose at the bottom.
Had to unhook the distributer wiring to bump it over, to get the rotor off. If you dry fire Hondas they never work again.
Once I went to reinstall the cap I found there was a broken off screw in that lower bolt hole. Had to snug it up the best I could on the other two cap bolts.
Now I get to buy a whole dizzy. Shoulda just done that in the first place. :banghead:

It was comedy of errors today to get any 1 step done, but it's done now. At least the new wires are wowee yellow and added 7 (exactly) HP!
Please update your User Control Panel to include your location!!! it's in the upper right!
Profile | Edit signature

ChevyMaher wrote:If you don't want people saying you suck, which is the truth, stop sucking
dcsleeper
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L1)
Topics: 20
Alias (AKA): DC
Van Model Year: 2004
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: I have 2 1AWD 1RWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • My other vehicles
    by Astrocurious » October 9th 2020, 12:02pm in Uncategorized
    3 Replies
    Last post by Astrocurious View the latest post
    October 12th 2020, 8:21am
  • No Start, Here's What I've Done
    by zippy » January 16th 2021, 7:46am in Engines
    22 Replies
    Last post by zippy View the latest post
    January 19th 2021, 9:25pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    February 28th 2021, 12:46am

Postby Big_kid » December 27th 2020, 10:34pm

dcsleeper wrote:... If you dry fire Hondas they never work again...

Truth. I learned this the easy way.

That buggy on the previous page is either a Lido or an El Lobo, not an Imp.
95 Astro Conversion of unknown irrelevant lineage
We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?
Big_kid
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Big_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 185
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1995
Extra Info: 2WD 5.7 V8

Postby Old Barney » December 30th 2020, 10:17pm

All seem to be ok with insurance company and collision repair. The insurance company came back (after seeing the video) with 100% repair. I'm elated, happy ect... BUT I wish the first words were put forth with we will look at video and determine the % for repair. But she right off the bat said with not so nice words "we are only paying 40%" at that time I had no idea how she could have made a statement like that.
So in three weeks I get my other right hand back. New door, new paint and fixing ABS light that is lit now after accident. From what I have seen here and Silverado site. The problem is possibly the ABS relays inside the controller inside the frame. Then I can finish the truck up with reupholstered seat, new blend motor, Transmission rebuild, and put the Yaesu all band back under the rear seat, antennas back in their mounts. I guess I'll order a new entertainment unit with front and rear cameras.
My other vehicle I have been working on for 4 years is a Case 480 B construction king. All of the leaking back hoe cylinders except the swing have been rebuilt and hoses replaced.
Old Barney
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Years of Membership: Old Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 23
Alias (AKA): Barney
Van Model Year: 2000
Extra Info: awd

Postby Big_kid » December 30th 2020, 11:04pm

Does a popup camper count as an other vehicle?

Today I dragged it through the mud (with help from my neighbor) and started working on the trailer hookup. I need to get a new plug, the weather got to the old one. I think it's going camping again someday.
Big_kid
Team Leader
Team Leader
Years of Membership: Big_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full years
Alias (AKA):

Postby Old Barney » December 31st 2020, 1:53am

I assume your talking about the 110 volt RV power plug that is used at camping locations? I have a complete fuse panel with power cable and RV plug I took out of an old conversion van also has 110 volt AC to 12 volt DC converter.
I would like to see people on these sites give the rest a clue as your approximate location. I would drive to meet if your within my location of North Florida. Or you could come over and pickup this FREE thing
Old Barney
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Years of Membership: Old Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full years
Alias (AKA): Barney
Van Model Year: 2000
Extra Info: awd

Postby sixsix » December 31st 2020, 2:08am

Old Barney wrote:I assume your talking about the 110 volt RV power plug that is used at camping locations? I have a complete fuse panel with power cable and RV plug I took out of an old conversion van also has 110 volt AC to 12 volt DC converter.
I would like to see people on these sites give the rest a clue as your approximate location. I would drive to meet if your within my location of North Florida. Or you could come over and pickup this FREE thing

Who... What ? And When.

"Ban gerrymandering" out 1 side, then says, "We really need to get rid of the electoral college for starters, there is no way in hell that the person that receives fewer votes wins, simply crazy."
So only CAL, ILL & NY Elects

sixsix
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: LT W CPI - RWD 200K

Postby Big_kid » December 31st 2020, 4:35am

Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the tail light/brake connection. The shore power plug is fine. In fact, I might even have a converter or two with leads in the shed if I didn't toss them. I've parted out 2 or 3 popups in the past. I do thank you for the offer though, it is a generous one. Unfortunately I'm about 13 hours from North Florida. I had my location (VB VA) in my signature, but someone that had gotten himself banned from the site started hassling/stalking me online, and was digging deep for info. This was years ago, he's either moved on or passed on by now. Funny thing was, it wasn't even me that banned him (I was THIIIIIS close, but it wasn't me).
Big_kid
Team Leader
Team Leader
Alias (AKA):

Postby Rockridge » January 2nd 2021, 10:36pm

Found source of squeaking sounds on my plow truck

KIMG3293.JPG
Rockridge
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Rockridge has been a member for 4 full yearsRockridge has been a member for 4 full yearsRockridge has been a member for 4 full yearsRockridge has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 49
Alias (AKA): Walker
Extra Info: LS AWD

Postby Rod's Trucks » January 2nd 2021, 11:45pm

But isn't there a ban on evictions where you live, during this winter medical crisis?
Rod J
Issaquah, WA
Rod's Trucks
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Rod's Trucks has been a member for 1 full year
Topics: 32
Alias (AKA): Rod and/or WE7X
Van Model Year: 1998
Extra Info: Forest Green LS AWD

Postby Leeann_93 » January 3rd 2021, 3:11am

Only if they have a lease.
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
'99 Safari XLE AWD - broke
'93 AWD EXT vin W - real broke
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 44
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2005

Postby Rod's Trucks » January 3rd 2021, 3:52am

OK, Got it!
The seasonal and 'month-to-month' squatters are not included...have fun! :rockon:
Rod J
Rod's Trucks
Years of Membership: Rod's Trucks has been a member for 1 full year
Topics: 32
Alias (AKA): Rod and/or WE7X
Van Model Year: 1998
Extra Info: Forest Green LS AWD

Postby SportsBoy » January 3rd 2021, 4:24am

Rockridge wrote:Found source of squeaking sounds on my plow truck

KIMG3293.JPG

Nice haha
SportsBoy
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: SportsBoy has been a member for 3 full yearsSportsBoy has been a member for 3 full yearsSportsBoy has been a member for 3 full years
Alias (AKA): Blake
Van Model Year: 1997
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: 4.3 AWD

Postby Big_kid » January 11th 2021, 12:42am

Today we finished up replacing the crank sensor in the2300/ranger. If I never do that again it will be too soon. One bolt to mount the sensor, 2 days of removing other crap to get to it. I've never before seen a water pump with a slip fit inlet pipe sealed with an O ring. Naturally that O ring grows in size when it is removed, necessitating replacing the water pump itself to get a replacement. The inlet had to be removed because it goes THROUGH the alternator mounting bracket, which also required removing the alternator. Nothing is easy on this truck.

It all went back together, I drove it around a bit afterward, no leaks, no overheating, etc. I still have to get a piece of vacuum line to repair the hard line to the vacuum ball, we broke it in the process.
Big_kid
Team Leader
Team Leader
Alias (AKA):

Postby AstroWill » January 11th 2021, 5:55am

Big_kid wrote:One bolt to mount the sensor, 2 days of removing other crap to get to it. I've never before seen a water pump with a slip fit inlet pipe sealed with an O ring. Naturally that O ring grows in size when it is removed, necessitating replacing the water pump itself to get a replacement. The inlet had to be removed because it goes THROUGH the alternator mounting bracket, which also required removing the alternator.

I sometimes wonder if they do crap like that on purpose. Make it a huge PITA, more money on parts and labor :)

Trolls take away from productive work, best to ignore & go about your business. See: Dark Tetrad
Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 108
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Extra Info: I love peaches

Postby dcsleeper » January 12th 2021, 12:25am

I was looking for an engine to test out some theories that I have.
It would be much better if I could drive it here, rather than shipping or towing.
It needed to NOT be an Astro, so I had good access to work on the engine while in place.
I found this in driving distance (WHAT?) and drove it home.
Not only is it a running driving Diamond Edition GMC Jimmy, well what else need be said?
RARE
running 4.3
236 TC
CHEAP

LeeAnn was right!

Please update your User Control Panel to include your location!!! it's in the upper right!
Profile | Edit signature

ChevyMaher wrote:If you don't want people saying you suck, which is the truth, stop sucking
dcsleeper

Postby Leeann_93 » January 12th 2021, 12:49am

dcsleeper wrote:LeeAnn was right!

I usually am. What am I right about this time?
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full years
Alias (AKA):

Postby dcsleeper » January 12th 2021, 10:20am

Leeann_93 wrote:
dcsleeper wrote:LeeAnn was right!

I usually am. What am I right about this time?

This:
Leeann_93 wrote:
dcsleeper wrote:so now I have two 2004 Astros. more info to come..

You won't be able to stop. Trust me :lol:
Profile | Edit signature

dcsleeper

Postby Rockridge » January 19th 2021, 12:04am

Later than I like, but finally got snow tires on the wife's car. Friends garage always has neat stuff, 1969 unrestored e type and a 914 driver

KIMG3330.JPG
Rockridge
Years of Membership: Rockridge has been a member for 4 full yearsRockridge has been a member for 4 full yearsRockridge has been a member for 4 full yearsRockridge has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 49
Alias (AKA): Walker

Postby sixsix » January 19th 2021, 3:24am

... "and those space sideways Racks are most welcome here in the country"

"Ban gerrymandering" out 1 side, then says, "We really need to get rid of the electoral college for starters, there is no way in hell that the person that receives fewer votes wins, simply crazy."
So only CAL, ILL & NY Elects

sixsix
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: LT W CPI - RWD 200K

Postby Leeann_93 » January 19th 2021, 3:54am

Looks like a pretty late 914 (black top on the bumper) 6-cyl driver. Fun.

E-type is always fun, coupe or convertible.
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Alias (AKA):

PreviousNext