Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Radio Issues

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DriveDog 
#1 ·
So i have a gmc 2005 safari van. my radio started displaying the CLN error when i tried using my cassette tapes which has happened before.
i tried using a cleaning cassette, which kept being rejected and didnt work. i held recall and eject to clear the error code, which did work.

The main issue now though is that it still auto rejects both the cassette adapter and the cleaning tape, without displaying the message. I've done a very amateur job of cleaning the radio parts but no luck. Any Advice for fixing this?

#5 ·
Mine kept kicking out the cassette audio adapter until I found what to enter to disable the sensitive eject, which is what i think you need to do to get it to run the cleaning cassette. Sorry I can't recall it from my warm bed tonight. I'll look tomorrow. It wasn't hard to look up, but it wasn't obvious until I knew it existed. Kind of like the DRL defeat sequence. Oh and it wasn't just holding Eject to reset the display.

#7 ·
If the motor turning one "reel" doesnt cause the other to turn, the cassette player thinks the tape is broken. I've had cleaners that were geared to turn both reels and cleaners that were not, so it depends. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.