Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

New guy from Mid-Michigan

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  sixsix 
#1 ·
Hi,
I am just entering the world of Astros. MY intention is to build it out as a camper. I am an old guy that is nearing retirement and want something I can use to escape the winters.
If you are doing a van in Mid-Michigan and need some help, contact me. I have tools, a garage, and skills that can help the newbies.
Brian

#3 ·
Welcome from sunny and warm South Florida! :D
Sounds like a fun project...
Vans are the BEST!

PS: Pictures.. or it didn't happen!
Even if they have snow on them...

#4 ·
Hey Brian! Where at in the mitten? I am in the Flint area. If you need any parts or insight just holler! :)
Mark

#7 ·
Hi and welcome Brian from SWFL , your going to love this site and all the information/help from the many members. I was going to do the same thing with my Safari, but multiple health problems hold me back. Post pictures, pictures and more pictures and good luck on your build. Jeff

#14 ·
BPACH said:
Thanks for the welcome. Just got my van home today. I have been lurking and picking up a lot of tips. This site was the reason I chose the Astro. A lot of good information without a lot of snarky comments that ruin the threads.
Haha... boy though, can that change in an instant - I have been known to Nuke threads just 'Showing Up'.

... just laying in wait... screw ups happen somehow - we'll pounce unforgivingly.
Then help you get it all sorted out, adjusted and good to go , Happy as a clam...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.