Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Grooves in rotors & pads

796 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sixsix 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone have groves wear in your rotors? These aren't on my astro, but the rear of my wifes suburban, on the inside pad only, the outside of this rotor and both sides of the other three rotors are smooth... I would say this pad is worn the most, maybe the brake lube I used wasn't so good? And it was sticking? I've gone back to never sease... also bled the rear calipers again, but there was no air. I don't believe the rotors being drilled and slotted would cause this, since the others aren't... but if you have any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks! Astroratsun

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
What Leeann_93 said, x2

Particularly if the vehicle is used on a lot of unpaved roads; gritty stuff can find a way into those holes and grooves in the rotors, and get trapped. I have seen pebbles on the holes on drilled rotors and coarse grains of sand embedded in the factory slots in brake pads.
If the inner and outer pads are unevenly worn, then a sticking caliper piston or slider could be aggravating the problem.
Rod J
Issaquah, WA

#4 ·
Leeann_93 said:
... By the way, they're rotors, not routers.
And there are no "Groves" in them. ( we hope not - would be a total 'nuther issue... :shock: )

At least we're having fun with it.
Hearts beating.
Smiles aplenty.
Op glad to be so 'giving'.

...might there be a poem brueing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.