Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

2003 Chevy Astro Wiring Harness or Plug for Evap Sensor

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RootsMan 
#1 ·
Greetings,

Vehicle: 2003 Chevy Astro AWD
OBDII error code: P0455: Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Large Leak Detected

One of the wires going into the oval plug next to the gas tank corroded and broke.
I was told that this goes to the evap sensor and that the wiring harness was not available from the dealer.

Can just the plug be replaced? If so where can I get it?
What's the part number?

Where can I get the wiring harness that goes to the Evap Sensor, if the plug can't be replaced?
What's the part number?

Thanks,

#2 ·
Hi RootsMan

A bit late, but my suggestion here with your unique situation, would be to hit the auto wreckers. Parts like that will be very hard if not impossible to find at the part stores or dealerships.

You should be able to remove that one wire out of that plug-in and replace it with a better one is the way I would attempt it. The auto wreckers are a great source of information about your vehicle as well, I'm sure they would be more than glad to help you.

Hope this helps.:)

#3 ·
@Matrixx, thanks for your reply.

The repair was completed on Sat.

I went to a couple of dealers and was able to order a replacement plug with wires attached for about $30.
It's a two pronged pink connector with a pair of 1 foot wires. The old plug was cut off of the wiring harness and the wires soldered on to it. 10 minutes to repair.

The information from the packaging, is as follows:
ACD# PT250
GM# 12101858

I think "Evaporative Emission Canister" is the name of the device.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1394817

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.