Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Pass side power door lock

908 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Drummernaut 
#1 ·
Got a 2000 Safari van with a lasy power door lock. Changed the acuator and still have the problem. The door lock does flicker a bit when using the remote or the other door lock but will not total engage to lock or unlock.Also I can lock the other doors with the switch on the passenger door with the lazy acuator.. Any suggestions from other members.?????...Dave

#2 ·
Check your linkage and slide switch to see if it is binding.

Check your connections for corrosion.

Check your ground with a meter at the lock motor connection. Both wires should be connected to ground with no switch activated.

Check the voltages with a meter at your lock motor and see if you see the full battery voltage during lock and unlock.

That's a start :)

#3 ·
Got the problem fixed. Purchased a bad acuator. Bought a new AC Delco one on E-bay cheap. Replace the brand new one I bought locally with the AC Delco one and the door works fine.
Go figure. I had to buy probably the only bad acuator in the batch. Or Safari van doors only work with genuine GM parts.????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.