Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

convert dutch doors to barn doors

7K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  courier280 
#1 ·
hi, is it possible to convert a dutch doors to barn doors?
if i am willing to trade my dutch door for barn doors, will everybody jump on it?
i like barn door very much, that's the whole point of astro van.

#9 ·
i have an 89 and want the newer dutch setup... i think..... can i convert to the one with the full glass and half doors? is it hard? l8r and thx

#10 ·
I personally prefer the Barn Doors over the Dutch Door design. For me I put skids in the back of the truck on a regular basis. With the Dutch Doors the forklift operator has to be very careful not to run in to the upper portion of the door glass when loading the skid. When I had the van with barn doors there was no issue.

#11 ·
axisg said:
I personally prefer the Barn Doors over the Dutch Door design. For me I put skids in the back of the truck on a regular basis. With the Dutch Doors the forklift operator has to be very careful not to run in to the upper portion of the door glass when loading the skid. When I had the van with barn doors there was no issue.
y

YEAH!! barn doors can load up skids fast and easy,
and when you are at a loading dock. open the barn door wide open and back the car into the dock and save a lot of back pain if you got 10 to 30 box of paper to unload (500 - 1500 lbs)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.