Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Bandwidth/Speed Tests

10K views 47 replies 25 participants last post by  AstroWill 
#1 ·
Hmm... you would think working a company like HP, we'd have a little faster internet around here.

See less See more
#31 ·
#32 ·
#36 ·
Munken said:
There are a couple of cities here in Sweden that is up for 1000 Mbs. :thumbup:
Good to hear the internet is getting faster.

Bad to hear our President wants to make the internet a public utility.

Makes me wonder, what's next? First a public utility, then censorship?

Go figure~~~~

Keith

#39 ·
castle_Rock said:
Munken said:
There are a couple of cities here in Sweden that is up for 1000 Mbs. :thumbup:
I can't imagine how fast that is. But I guess 0-60mph (page-load) in 1.5 sec comparing to a car. Astro-Style! :layrubber:

Thats what I call "Laying Rubber" on-the-net!
This is my download speed @ 95Mbs.

Imagine "Post Boosting" with that speed :thumbup:

Attachments

#46 ·
There are way too many countries that have far superior internet than us, makes me a little jealous. Well that and the fact that we pay more for what we get as well. That $60 a month sub-par internet only costs them $6 to supply to our homes(sigh).

#47 ·
60 BUCK A MONTH!!
I pay somthing like $28 for 250/100 Mbps,and that include IP home phone, 5 x 20MB website space and 5 E-mail addresses . And that $28 are included in my rent.
Sweden has second fastest Internet in the world. Only South Korea is faster.

But at the same time Sweden has the fastest Internet in the world.
A 75 year old lady has 40 Gbps connection. She is the mother of Peter Löthberg who has been called "the father of the internet in Sweden".
He wanted to show that today's fiber technology can get almost unlimited fast connection.

Source: (in Swedish)
http://www.aftonbladet.se/pryl/dator/article11143555.ab

#48 ·
The big providers have agreed to stay out of each others areas, so in most places, there is absolutely no competition. This allows them to price gouge quite heavily and each one makes more money that way. Some people(current administration) even believe that they should be regulated less, so they can create even more charges and make more profit. Bend over 'Murica

If we would make competition a requirement, then we would all have much cheaper and faster internet. Which none of that is going to happen with our current campaign funding laws.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.