Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Not!

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • What the heck?!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Beauty Rings or not?

7K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  95gmc 
#1 ·
Should I go with the beauty rings or not?

See less See more
#5 ·
I have that same wheel/center cap combo sitting in my garage and I liked it best with beauty rings on..........I don't like white walls showing at all though unless its the whole sidewall white. :chevy:

#6 ·
979roadrunner said:
I like it better without. Of course, I'm a hotrod guy, so to me if it don't make it faster, it don't belong, although I do like the way the center caps offset those black wheels. You paint them, or did they come black?
I painted them, they are the stock ralley wheels that were silver before.

#7 ·
I voted "Not". There is too much going on with the white wall tires. If you get ride of the white walls I would say then use the beauty rings. My $0.02. G.B.

#8 ·
since you painted them you could always paint them red for that "ratrod" look and then the rings would look even better. with the white wall included

#9 ·
As it stands, black rims with whitewalls, no trim rings. Too busy, bunch of light/dark concentric circles.

I agree with with $uperJoe, red rims, whitewalls, trim rings. Course, you'd need to paint your van flat black & take a 5-7" chop out of the roof to get the complete ratrod feel.

-Andrew

#12 ·
Hmm, In this particular case with the White sidewalls showing, I think the ring balances things out a bit. I'm not a ring fan in anyway, but with the 2 choices given here, I voted for the rings with the whitewalls.

I'm more of a Color Balanced person myself, so just view this comment as such.

That's what makes the world such a great place, different tastes.

Just my 2 messily cents. No insults were/are intended here in anyway.:)

#13 ·
$uperJoe said:
since you painted them you could always paint them red for that "ratrod" look and then the rings would look even better. with the white wall included
Yeah that'd be nice along with some flat black paint. But for now I am gonna leave the color as it is, the paint is in too good shape.

#16 ·
damn sorry for that. i gave a new option that seems to be popular. guys lets get back on track to rings or no first. we can vote red next time

#22 ·
In the first 2 pics, I would go with the beauty rings. To me it just kind of finishes off the look of the van. I would paint them the same color as the van though for a more complete look.

The second pic (first post) would look better without the white walls showing. I can't stand white walls at all.

The photochopped pic looks great, but. I would still go with the same color as the van. To me it would completely finish the look. The red does look nice though, but clashes (to me) to much with the rest of the van.

#23 ·
Again, I'd go for the red rims, white walls & trim rings per the photoshop. It does look good with the gold.

-Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.