Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Wanted - Rear bench on slider.

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  AstroWill 
#1 ·
Hi.
Anyone in the Portland OR area looking to get rid of a rear bench on slider?

Thanks

#3 ·
I never looked into it in detail, but it looks like the mid and rear seats from a Villager/Quest ride in removable tracks that bolt to a flat floor. They fold up, down, roll forward or back, and lock into place. I would imagine there are other vans out there with similar setups too.

#4 ·
I think he might be referring to the stock seats on sliders, in the later years they removed the sliding mechanism(to save cost/weight?).

Edit: 0k, so maybe it wasn't to save weight. Unless the middle seat just naturally weighs more. I just weighed my 2003 middle seat without slider at 102lbs, and my rear seat from an earlier year w/slider at 94.6. So maybe it was for cost and simplicity. Who knows.

#7 ·
I have one of each.

My second row slides, third is fixed.

Though I'm sure the second row is meant for the third and vice versa.

#8 ·
The second row should have an armrest, where the third does not. There is also a loop on the headrest for the passenger side seat belt in the second row. That of course would be easy to swap around.

Edit: added pictures
IMG_0111edited.JPG

Fixed vs Adjustable
IMG_0112edited.JPG

#10 ·
I'm sure it was part of the 3rd gen changes, but not 100% that those were the only years. Maybe 92% :)

I have one of each in my 03, because my rear seat isn't original to the vehicle.

#11 ·
In my '02 they're both sliders, though the third row is in the back of the '99. I haven't checked the '00 and no benches came in the '99; I had to grab one from a junkyard.

#12 ·
Update - I picked up my old one while back in Chicago so I no longer need one.

To clear up a few things - In my 2004 Astro the rear is on a slider the middle is not. The rear did not have arm rests, the middle did (jut on the passenger side if I remember correctly.

I was needing the slider with no armrests for my bed build, which is still in progress, I'll post pics when done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.