Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Raised roof on a Cargo Astro

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  chevy57bert 
#1 ·
Has anyone put a raised roof from a junkyard Astro on an Astro Cargo? If so do you have advice or instructions?

Thanks,
John

:feedback:

#4 ·
looks pretty straightforward. get correct roof(long or shorty van), measure hole on donor, cut your roof, set new on and bolt together with lots and lots of silicone in between.

i was at the yard today looking for one, unfortunately there were none there. can't decide whether i want a raised roof or safari rack but i think i'd be happier with more headroom.

#5 ·
patgizz said:
looks pretty straightforward. get correct roof(long or shorty van), measure hole on donor, cut your roof, set new on and bolt together with lots and lots of silicone in between.
Did you forget. the wires for, lights Led and daylight , radio, tv, earphones,welded reinforcement bars. almost all those wires goes thru the left pillar post..
Did you forget. the 200+ drilled holes to hold the roof in place.
Did you forget. the roof liner, it must come off if you disassemble and is no easy job the get it installed ..

It`s a Hell off a job to get everything in order....
I know because I have to do all this.. :banghead: :banghead:

Let me know if I can be off any use..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.