Change in AstroSafari.com Structure

Postby AstroAustin [OP] » March 20th 2013, 6:32pm

To the valued members of AstroSafari.com:

Today marks a special day for AstroSafari.com. Today we are pleased to announce to the community a change in the AstroSafari structure. As of today the forums will be owned and operated by the good folks at AutoGuide.com. Not to worry, I will continue to be involved with AstroSafari.com as I have done since 2007. Think of this as a partnership that expands our community reach and increases the available knowledge. AutoGuide.com has the management skills and community building abilities that are essential to branching out and becoming a leading source of information on the web.

Other than some new administrators helping with the site maintenance and behind the scenes work, very little else will change. We have sung the praises of our outstanding moderators to the staff at AutoGuide.com. They will continue to uphold the same standards they always have in moderating the forums. I will still be involved with the website as much as time permits, the last thing I want to do is negatively impact our members experience on the site.
As I said, I am excited about this new direction as it will allow me to focus on my schoolwork and family, while putting the forums in the hands of a class organization that excels in running forums and keeping them technologically up-to-date.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to let us know.

Thanks!
-Austin
-AstroAustin
[email protected]
Full FBSS Air Suspension :: Triangulated 4-Link :: Engine Driven Compressor :: 4 Air Tanks :: 1/2" SMC Valves :: Phantom Billet Grill
Original Poster [OP]
AstroAustin
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: AstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 120
Van Model Year: 1988
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 FBSS AirRide

Re: Change in AstroSafari.com Structure

Postby admin » March 20th 2013, 6:34pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mo and I work for Autoguide. As you have read above we are now the proud owners of Astrosafari.com

I would like to start out by saying we are very excited to be joining the Astrosafari community. Austin has told us much about this community! We are here to help improve the functionality of the site and help it grow to new levels. We have a great team of tech support available to fix any functional issues you have with the site, and to help keep the site updated and working. I am here whenever you need help with anything, or if you have a question or concern. Feel free to PM me.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and the existing staff and moderators to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home. Austin is also sticking around with us!

Feel free to PM me with any introductions, questions, concerns and anything on your mind. I'm excited and looking forward to working with Astrosafari!

Mo
admin
AstroSafari Founder
AstroSafari Founder
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: admin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 21

Postby 94 Van Guy » March 20th 2013, 7:07pm

Welcome Mo, we wondered if your Admin member name meant a new owner a week or so ago. The members here are a good bunch and will be cooperative with all of the management.

Again, Welcome to the forum,

Keith
'91 Chevy G30 Bus 39.3K Miles

Retired
Safari
87 Safari, 91 Astro
86 Astro, 85 Astro
88 Astro, 92 Astro
89 Astro, 88 Astro

94 Van Guy
250k+ Miles
250k+ Miles
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: 94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 71
Alias (AKA): Keith
Van Model Year: 1991
Extra Info: G30 Bus

Postby admin » March 20th 2013, 7:26pm

Thanks Keith!

Looking forward to being apart of it!

Mo
admin
AstroSafari Founder
AstroSafari Founder
Years of Membership: admin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full yearsadmin has been a member for 7 full years

Postby JaxSPL » March 20th 2013, 11:58pm

Welcome Mo.

glad to have you aboard.
"Installer's Nightmare" has officially come to life. Only 1 sub, but loud and clear.
Subwoofer enclosure designer. PM For More Info
JaxSPL
Years of Membership: JaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 45
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 SPL

Postby markmitch » March 21st 2013, 12:07am

happy to have you aboard, any chance the ping can be fixed that goes with the chat room, It lets us know when someone sends a message into the room. Thanks Mark
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 578
Alias (AKA): AstroMark or 1st gen
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: RS V8

Postby Leeann_93 » March 21st 2013, 12:41am

Welcome to AS, Mo ;)
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
'99 Safari XLE AWD - broke
'93 AWD EXT vin W - real broke
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 42
Van Model Year: 2005
Extra Info: LS AWD

Postby thegreenmachine » March 21st 2013, 4:11am

Welcome aboard. Sad to hear of the sale. Happy to have you on board.
I'm Shane from Canada.

........maybe make tapatalk work?............please. ???????
"that looks legit"

03 4WD Astro 6" lift NP233 4x4 t-case 245/75/16 ets trail master mud tires
95 AWD Safari money pit
99 AWD Safari crashed and crushed
97 Safari Cargo sold 447,000km
thegreenmachine
250k+ Miles
250k+ Miles
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: thegreenmachine has been a member for 10 full yearsthegreenmachine has been a member for 10 full yearsthegreenmachine has been a member for 10 full yearsthegreenmachine has been a member for 10 full yearsthegreenmachine has been a member for 10 full yearsthegreenmachine has been a member for 10 full yearsthegreenmachine has been a member for 10 full yearsthegreenmachine has been a member for 10 full yearsthegreenmachine has been a member for 10 full yearsthegreenmachine has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 62
Alias (AKA): Shane a lane
Van Model Year: 2003
Extra Info: Lifted 4x4 233 tcase

Postby AstroWill » March 21st 2013, 4:26am

Welcome, I also second tapatalk support.

Trolls take away from productive work, best to starve the troll of attention by ignoring it and going about your business.
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 106

Postby admin » March 21st 2013, 2:26pm

Hey all,

I will look into the ping noise in the chat room and also tapatalk. I will send you all an update once I look further into this!

Great to be apart of AS!

Mo
admin
AstroSafari Founder
AstroSafari Founder

Postby gaastro96 » March 21st 2013, 2:54pm

hi mo welcome aboard,
Flipper
gaastro96
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: gaastro96 has been a member for 7 full yearsgaastro96 has been a member for 7 full yearsgaastro96 has been a member for 7 full yearsgaastro96 has been a member for 7 full yearsgaastro96 has been a member for 7 full yearsgaastro96 has been a member for 7 full yearsgaastro96 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 4
Van Model Year: 1996
Extra Info: 4.3l

Postby Bread Van » March 21st 2013, 3:01pm

Welcome, take care of the folks here at AS...Truly a great, fun bunch! They make owning these vans far more enjoyable for many people :rockon:
Bread Van
250k+ Miles
250k+ Miles
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Bread Van has been a member for 10 full yearsBread Van has been a member for 10 full yearsBread Van has been a member for 10 full yearsBread Van has been a member for 10 full yearsBread Van has been a member for 10 full yearsBread Van has been a member for 10 full yearsBread Van has been a member for 10 full yearsBread Van has been a member for 10 full yearsBread Van has been a member for 10 full yearsBread Van has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 36
Alias (AKA): mapper
Van Model Year: 2003
Extra Info: AWD 2 inch lift

Postby xit » March 21st 2013, 4:39pm

Welcome Mo, glad to have you on board. :clap:
Possibly Natures most perfect food, good beef jerky and cold beer......
xit
Years of Membership: xit has been a member for 8 full yearsxit has been a member for 8 full yearsxit has been a member for 8 full yearsxit has been a member for 8 full yearsxit has been a member for 8 full yearsxit has been a member for 8 full yearsxit has been a member for 8 full yearsxit has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 64
Van Model Year: 1994
Extra Info: Conversion

Postby SupraVan » March 22nd 2013, 3:00am

Hi Mo
I too would like to welcome you aboard...!
SupraVan
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: SupraVan has been a member for 9 full yearsSupraVan has been a member for 9 full yearsSupraVan has been a member for 9 full yearsSupraVan has been a member for 9 full yearsSupraVan has been a member for 9 full yearsSupraVan has been a member for 9 full yearsSupraVan has been a member for 9 full yearsSupraVan has been a member for 9 full yearsSupraVan has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 5
Alias (AKA): SupraVan
Van Model Year: 2002
Extra Info: AWD

Postby admin » March 22nd 2013, 8:16pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Good to be here!

Mo
admin
AstroSafari Founder
AstroSafari Founder

Postby astro1957 » April 13th 2013, 10:44am

Thanks for the great education about these wonderful vans.

Mr.Parks
1996 Astro - SMc by Archer Conversion-
A friend is not a fellar,who is taken in by sham.A friend is one who knows our faults,and doesn't give a dam.-J.P. McEvey
astro1957
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: astro1957 has been a member for 8 full yearsastro1957 has been a member for 8 full yearsastro1957 has been a member for 8 full yearsastro1957 has been a member for 8 full yearsastro1957 has been a member for 8 full yearsastro1957 has been a member for 8 full yearsastro1957 has been a member for 8 full yearsastro1957 has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 8
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 RWD

Postby Tony Bosley » May 30th 2013, 8:14pm

Thank God you folks are maintaining this forum. I can't imagine that any other discontinued vehicle could be loved and missed as much as the AstroSafari vans. I sure hope GM is taking note of all this, and I hope they realize that they could benefit greatly by bringing these vehicles back into production. There are tens of thousands of people waiting in line to "upgrade" right now. There is no equivalent on the market. Having a forum and a community like this to commiserate with is very encouraging. Long live the AstroSafari!

- Tony in Vancouver, Canada
Tony Bosley
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: Tony Bosley has been a member for 7 full yearsTony Bosley has been a member for 7 full yearsTony Bosley has been a member for 7 full yearsTony Bosley has been a member for 7 full yearsTony Bosley has been a member for 7 full yearsTony Bosley has been a member for 7 full yearsTony Bosley has been a member for 7 full years
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: All Wheel Drive

Postby SilverBullet1997 » July 23rd 2013, 10:16pm

Well this new change in A/S structure seems to be for the worse.

We now no longer have personalized avatars(unless you did them before the change)
Problems with mobile connectivity.
and to top it all off.
Now for the past week the site has been on the fritz and is logging everyone off randomly, not auto logging on, won't let us post in chat unless we just logged on, and is losing our reply posts that we spend time writing to have wiped out by us having to re-log on and its gone when it goes back to the page.

I love the people here, but am not happy with the forum service as of late.

I would love to donate to the site but not until some of these issues are resolved with gusto.
R.I.P.-1997 Astro AWD SilverBullet I 4-9-1997 to 2-17-2015 - Cause of death: Rear-ended
R.I.P.-1999 Astro AWD SilverBullet II 1-4-1999 - July-2016 - Cause of death: Roadrash passenger side

Current: 1999 Astro AWD GreenBullet I - Purchased 02/2018
SilverBullet1997
Years of Membership: SilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 54
Alias (AKA): Silver or Bullet or SB
Van Model Year: 1999
Extra Info: 7in Lift AWD Z71

Postby ccookie66 » July 23rd 2013, 10:50pm

:goodpost: I agree. It seems like the site has been neglected lately. :2:
The Astro is always a turn key away from adventure.
ccookie66
Years of Membership: ccookie66 has been a member for 8 full yearsccookie66 has been a member for 8 full yearsccookie66 has been a member for 8 full yearsccookie66 has been a member for 8 full yearsccookie66 has been a member for 8 full yearsccookie66 has been a member for 8 full yearsccookie66 has been a member for 8 full yearsccookie66 has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 139
Alias (AKA): Cameron
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 TBI Shorty

Postby markmitch » July 23rd 2013, 11:43pm

Yeah like somebody call the site doctor and tell him vacation is over and were all sick of the site being broken.
Thank you, Mark
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 578
Alias (AKA): AstroMark or 1st gen
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: RS V8

Next

Return to Announcements

It is currently July 2nd 2020, 1:16pm

Announcements Forum
AnnouncementsImportant announcements that everyone should take a moment to read. Site news, updates, and the latest AstroSafari.com happenings
To create a new topic in Announcements, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic
Recent Image Attachments
Attached by:
Attached by: AstroMonkey
AstroMonkey
in Announcements
Views: 9212
Comments: 28
Date: Aug 07 '19
Time: 10:26am
» Read last comment