Moderators Appointed: ...read more for details

Moderators Appointed: ...read more for details

Postby AstroAustin [OP] » May 21st 2010, 1:38am

All,

After much thought and debate it has been decided that we need to take a different approach to Moderators on the site. Maybe I’ve been too reserved in allowing others to participate in the management and organization of the site because I still have horrible memories stemming from the nightmares of AstroSafari.com’s past. I apologize for letting my own issues from the past get in the way of tactful and selfless administration in the present day. For those of you that remember, for years we watched the struggle on the old site. The site was unstable, the members were frustrated and the management was at each other’s throats. The old site had more moderators than they knew what to do with, the contention was off the charts, plain and simple…the old method wasn't working.

...That is the last thing I want to see happen here.

You've heard me say that if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else? Well I guess the solution would be for all of us together, in and out of management, to bear the burden. With that in mind, I believe doling out moderator responsibilities on specific sections of the site is in the best interest of the site.

Beginning today, I will be appointing moderators to specific forums based on their specific inclinations, familiarity, and proclivity. I believe these moderators have proven themselves to be levelheaded, evenhanded, and inclined to lend a hand. I am proud to welcome these members to the team. Below is a tentative list of the newest moderators and their respective section for which they will facilitate:

OT Forums.......................castle_Rock
Off Topic.........................castle_Rock, Mr_Bowtie
Computer Corner................tedanderson
Photoshop Forums...............Bertscova, Munken
Astro/Safari Vans > General....Leeann_93, icebrrg3rd
Interior............................rev_les
Suspension........................chevy57bert
Engine.............................chevy57bert
Brakes.............................chevy57bert
Electrical..........................tedanderson
Mobile Electronics................JaxSPL, tedanderson
Technical Information............webcat
Projects/Builds....................$uperJoe
Marketplace........................Black89cs

MORE VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED
This list will be ever expanding in the coming days. The goal is to get good coverage over all the forums. I’d like to assign at least one person to each section and we will of course have Global Moderators who will oversee the entire site. If you wish to be considered for a section please PM me.

Additionally, if you wish to be relieved from these duties at any time, please PM me. If at any point you feel maybe the job is not for you after all... don't be afraid to back out. No hard feelings. I say this because, I'll warn you ahead of time, the position is not always a fun one.
-AstroAustin
[email protected]
Full FBSS Air Suspension :: Triangulated 4-Link :: Engine Driven Compressor :: 4 Air Tanks :: 1/2" SMC Valves :: Phantom Billet Grill
Original Poster [OP]
AstroAustin
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: AstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 120
Van Model Year: 1988
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 FBSS AirRide

Re: Moderators Appointed: ...read more for details

Postby astroturf » May 21st 2010, 1:52am

Well Done Austin, Congrats Guys. I look forward to helping you sharpen your skills... Your ever present, pOST bOOSTING gURU... Jim
My Cup is neither half empty nor half full... But has a hole in it. Holy Cup Holders Batman. LOLz, Jim
astroturf
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: astroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 112
Extra Info: 2wd Passenger

Postby Jasen » May 21st 2010, 2:04am

More responsibility and still the same pay, oh wait, theres no pay :lol:

Congrats folks 8-)
I'm a Journeyman woodworker,
Every projects a journey man.

Ultra gauge

Being a mad scientist IS NOT as easy as it look's on TV

Jasen
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Years of Membership: Jasen has been a member for 10 full yearsJasen has been a member for 10 full yearsJasen has been a member for 10 full yearsJasen has been a member for 10 full yearsJasen has been a member for 10 full yearsJasen has been a member for 10 full yearsJasen has been a member for 10 full yearsJasen has been a member for 10 full yearsJasen has been a member for 10 full yearsJasen has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 260
Van Model Year: 1997
Extra Info: AWD cargo Dutch door

Postby 94 Van Guy » May 21st 2010, 2:14am

As a new member, and don't remember the problems with the old site, I would like to say I think this site is number 1. I will use this announcement to congratulate these new moderators to their new appointments.

I look forward to many years of help and camaraderie. Keith
'91 Chevy G30 Bus 39.3K Miles

Retired
Safari
87 Safari, 91 Astro
86 Astro, 85 Astro
88 Astro, 92 Astro
89 Astro, 88 Astro

94 Van Guy
250k+ Miles
250k+ Miles
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: 94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years94 Van Guy has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 71
Alias (AKA): Keith
Van Model Year: 1991
Extra Info: G30 Bus

Postby Leeann_93 » May 21st 2010, 2:17am

:o

Man, now I have to pay attention and :naughty: and :clap: .

...guess I can handle that :think:

AA, :ty:
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
'99 Safari XLE AWD - broke
'93 AWD EXT vin W - real broke
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 42
Van Model Year: 2005
Extra Info: LS AWD

Postby Mr_Bowtie » May 21st 2010, 2:21am

More then happy to help! :rockon:
1985 Astro - 350/700r4....loud & low! :chevy:
'96 Dodge 2500 Ramwagon Van
'68 VW Bug 1600cc
'00 Grand Prix GT
'00 Subaru Outback Legacy sedan
Mr_Bowtie
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: Mr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 74
Alias (AKA): Nick
Van Model Year: 1985
Extra Info: 350 with 700r4

Postby Big_kid » May 21st 2010, 2:51am

Jasen wrote:More responsibility and still the same pay, oh wait, theres no pay :lol:

Congrats folks 8-)

How about you get to read and post an hour for each hour you moderate? You could even take Friday afternoons off! :lol:

Congrats folks! :)
95 Astro Conversion of unknown irrelevant lineage
We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?
Big_kid
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Big_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 185
Van Model Year: 1995
Extra Info: 2WD 5.7 V8

Postby ihatemybike » May 21st 2010, 3:54am

Rock and Roll :rockon:
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86
ihatemybike
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L2)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: ihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 68

Postby wizical » May 21st 2010, 6:05am

and how about astroturf-jim for pOST bOOSTING moderator
gotta have one of them too
wizical
Deprived Privileges
Deprived Privileges
Years of Membership: wizical has been a member for 10 full yearswizical has been a member for 10 full yearswizical has been a member for 10 full yearswizical has been a member for 10 full yearswizical has been a member for 10 full yearswizical has been a member for 10 full yearswizical has been a member for 10 full yearswizical has been a member for 10 full yearswizical has been a member for 10 full yearswizical has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 18
Alias (AKA): viatronic discombobulator
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: peice O krap

Postby astroturf » May 21st 2010, 12:47pm

Well Folks, I don't know how he does it... But here it is... A group photo of the New Dream Team... Oh, How I love when a plan comes together... Jim

KeystoneKops.jpg
My Cup is neither half empty nor half full... But has a hole in it. Holy Cup Holders Batman. LOLz, Jim
astroturf
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Years of Membership: astroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 10 full years

Postby Leeann_93 » May 21st 2010, 12:53pm

^ I'm 100% positive I don't have a mustache ;)
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full years

Postby astroturf » May 21st 2010, 12:58pm

Leeann_93 wrote:^ I'm 100% positive I don't have a mustache ;)

Sorry Leeann, Jim :bow: :bow: :bow:

You are forgetting that I ever posted this...

Your eyes are getting heavy... sleepy, yes sleepy...

spiral disk.gif
astroturf
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces

Postby Leeann_93 » May 21st 2010, 1:21pm

Heeheehee ;)
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby astroturf » May 21st 2010, 1:31pm

Here is a more PC one...

Can you guess which one is Jasen???

And which one is Leeann???

keystone kops pc correct.jpg
astroturf
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces

Postby astro355 » May 21st 2010, 1:49pm

Great, now sooner or later a "tea party" will emerge on here demanding less "government". :roll:
Diagnose 1st, never be a parts changer!

355 small block chevy w/ modified 700R4

astro355
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: astro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 57
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: 355 V8 700R4

Postby JaxSPL » May 21st 2010, 3:16pm

I am honored. Guess I will have to visit and pay attention to things more now. I promise I will do my best to keep thing in order.
"Installer's Nightmare" has officially come to life. Only 1 sub, but loud and clear.
Subwoofer enclosure designer. PM For More Info
JaxSPL
Years of Membership: JaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full yearsJaxSPL has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 45
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 SPL

Postby Munken » May 21st 2010, 3:17pm

Wow...cool....honored..... :D.............and scary :shock: Now I just have to download every English dictionary there is. And buy a copy of "Photoshop for dummies" :rockon:

"Nothing is impossible, the impossible just takes a little longer"
Munken
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L2)
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: Munken has been a member for 11 full yearsMunken has been a member for 11 full yearsMunken has been a member for 11 full yearsMunken has been a member for 11 full yearsMunken has been a member for 11 full yearsMunken has been a member for 11 full yearsMunken has been a member for 11 full yearsMunken has been a member for 11 full yearsMunken has been a member for 11 full yearsMunken has been a member for 11 full yearsMunken has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 69
Alias (AKA): Munken the lunatic
Extra Info: LT 4.3L V6 RWD

Postby Woodweasel » May 21st 2010, 3:20pm

I think your way past all that. Congrats !
Woodweasel
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Woodweasel has been a member for 11 full yearsWoodweasel has been a member for 11 full yearsWoodweasel has been a member for 11 full yearsWoodweasel has been a member for 11 full yearsWoodweasel has been a member for 11 full yearsWoodweasel has been a member for 11 full yearsWoodweasel has been a member for 11 full yearsWoodweasel has been a member for 11 full yearsWoodweasel has been a member for 11 full yearsWoodweasel has been a member for 11 full yearsWoodweasel has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 36
Extra Info: 140K miles

Postby icebrrg3rd » May 21st 2010, 3:51pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence, AA. Now I'll have something important to do at work. :lol:

-Andrew
81 Yamaha Maxim 650XJ 650cc 68k mi
91 Chevy Astro 5L 5-speed, Ford 9" 261k mi
02 Yamaha Road Star 1600cc 27k mi
02 Chrysler Sebring Conv. 2.7L 5-speed 213k mi
10 Chrysler Town & Country 3.8L 180k mi

To her it's all dollars and no sense--Wimpazz
icebrrg3rd
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: icebrrg3rd has been a member for 10 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 10 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 10 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 10 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 10 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 10 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 10 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 10 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 10 full yearsicebrrg3rd has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 49
Alias (AKA): Andrew
Van Model Year: 1991
Extra Info: V-8 5-sp RWD Shorty

Postby chevy57bert » May 21st 2010, 8:58pm

Congrats Munken and Icebbrg3rd
Have Fun with your new job.
chevy57bert
Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: chevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 69
Alias (AKA): Bertjuh
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: Ext 4.3L rwd

Next